Saturday, May 3, 2008




The 2008 Idol Punching contest theme was "The Magical Forest of Good & Evil", and the surprise items we all had to use in the pillow was pantyhose!! We had to cover the entire surface with pantyhose and could be used elsewhere. We had only 3 days to complete these pillows. Juggling family,work and pillow making was a real trip.
I feel very honored that I won Third Place, when I saw Georges and Trudys pillows I was in such awe, their's are GREAT, be sure to visit their blogs and look at their fantastic pillows.
When I heard the theme, I had no idea what to do, and just kept repeating the "Magical Forest of Good & Evil" to myself. All I could think about was a huge tree and Harry Potter movies. We could use any of Christopher techniques from his programs or book, we could use silk ribbon embroidery, painting, punching ribbons,and all kinds of embellishments. There was so much we could include and so little time, only 3 days. But,I had such a great time doing this pillow.
I want to thank all the wonderful judges who took time out of their busy schedule to participate,looking at all the pictures of our pillows and voting. To all the other ladies that like me had to make a pillow in 3 days, my hats off to you, your finished pillows are wonderful. We have such a talented group of ladies in the Master Group. I am very proud to be one of them. This contest has bonded our group together even more!

1 comment:

Ann O'Donovan UK said...

Well done Kathy. That tree must have taken alot of work- it certainly looks fun!! Enjoy your prize.
Ann